Sunday, June 17, 2012

30 bags.....

So Friday evening there was a meeting and prayer time for Costa Rica at church.  Bruce was gone at CIY all week so it was just me and the kids.  At that meeting, we started talking about all the logistics--there are 12 people--no 16 people--well 12 people and The Crawfords.  Which means the plan is 12 people are returning to the States.  WHEW! Seems so real! And we were talking about the infamous packing party that usually happens the evening before we leave.  I looked at Sara and said, "What packing party?" WE are the ones packing, so there really isn't anything to pack as a team!

That's when it hit me.  There are 12 people AND the Crawfords which means 16 free bags to check, and then an additional $30.00 for each additional bag up to 16, which equals 32 bags.  But Sara then informed me that there would need to be some extra space for a few things here and there. So we were down to 30 bags....

                            30 BAGS

30 bags to fit everything we are taking.
30 bags to bring everything we need.
30 bags to fit our life into.

That became my mantra.  I can fit my life into 30 bags, I can fit my life into 30 bags, I can fit my life into 30 bags.  OH and did I mention that Sara also told me that it has to be duffel bags

Rephrase.....I can fit my life into 30 duffel bags, I can fit my life into 30 duffel bags, I can fit my life into 30 duffel bags.

What about you? Could you fit your life into 30 duffel bags? What about you and your spouse AND your two children?  Makes you really examine what is important and just how much STUFF we have.  Don't we live in a great nation where we are able to have so much STUFF? Lucky us!  When I think about everyone around the world who don't have a lot of STUFF, fitting my life into 30 duffel bags seems pretty lucky, easy and BLESSED!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us! We are ready to send out our support raising letters.  If you would like us to send a letter your way, just send us your address.  If you would like to meet with us, just send us a message and we would love to sit down and talk more about why we are fitting our lives into 30 duffel bags!

In HIM,
The Crawfords

2 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! we moved down here with 8, YOU CAN DO IT!
    can't wait to see yall down here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy I sound like the bad guy huh.... LOL... you CAN do it AND we can still store and bring later stuff you can live without for a time!!!

    ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete