Monday, June 11, 2012

God is so good....

For those of you who checked out the last post, it was kind of a hard one for me...giving away our puppy, but good news!  She was adopted!  God is so good.  I was checking the website all the time, and finally her picture was removed from the adoption page.  I know that she went to a good home!  It makes me feel even better--if she went with us to Costa Rica, she would have been miserable.  Not fair to her at all!  But now, I know she is living it up with her new family.

Also, this past week, we had two friends that welcomed new family members!  Congratulations to one of my best friends and former college roommate--Jennifer (Dawson) Payton and Jason Payton in welcoming their first born Levi!  And to our friends, and my co-worker, Derek and Lyndsie Drury on welcoming number 3 Lucas!  So happy for both families!

As far as us and our progress to getting to Costa Rica, I started going through some things in the house and started making three groups--taking, selling and giving away.  Might add one more group depending on how many things go in the taking pile.

It is really hard to think that everything that we will take with us will have to fit into checked luggage on an airplane.  We will not ship anything, and will store next to nothing if it doesn't go with us this trip!  I warned the kids tonight that this week we will be going through their stuff and giving a lot--A LOT of it away.  I know it will be hard for them, but it is something we have to do--and besides, IT IS JUST STUFF!!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and  rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  FOR WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS, THERE YOUR HEART WILL BE ALSO."  Matthew 6:19-21

Thanks God, I think I understand this now!

In Him,
The Crawfords

No comments:

Post a Comment