Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1: Proverbs 1 Our life in photos

Ok, so I have been praying about really getting this blog thing down and trying to update as much as I can with everything that is happening.  I have also been trying to get more into the Word.  So I thought I would combine the two.  Believe me, this is going to be a challenge for me, but I really have felt lead to do this.

So here it goes, hope you all enjoy seeing our daily life here and also being fed the Word at the same time!


Proverbs 1:2-7
(The proverbs) 2 for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; 3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair; 4 for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young-- 5 let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance--6 for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

As I read through Proverbs 1, it not only showed me what the proverbs are for, but I knew I had to open my mind and heart in order to understand and learn from each one every day for a month.  At the same time, what I read, I wanted to make a connection with our every day life here in Costa Rica.  Not only for you all to see what we do every day, but for me to make mental connections with my daily life and His Word. 

I thought I would do this by capturing moments that have become daily life for us.  Things we have already started to take for granted; things that we are thankful for; things that we could do without; and things that we complain about.  These are all things that I want to change to give praise to our Lord for providing for us--everyday!!

So, take a journey with us through our praises to the Lord for everything He has provided for us.

' 32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; 33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.'
                                                                                          Proverbs 1: 32-33

Here is a picture of our home, well the stairs that lead to our home.  Yes, it doesn't resemble anything of a typical American home, but we love it.  At first, not so much, but God came before us and chose this house for us.  We know this and we trust Him.

Through trusting Him, we have a wonderful Tico family that lives downstairs that have already become like family and neighbors--not landlords.  The apartment off to the left in the picture is also of another great friend, Nathan, who graduated from the Language School this past August.  He fits right in with Bruce and I.  Through everything that has happened here in Costa Rica--the rain, storms, flood, death of the family's dog, earthquake, potty training regression, and plain old mass hysteria--THIS is where we feel safe; THIS is where our children call home; and THIS is the home that the Lord provided for us--regardless of size, bugs, or anything else....and for THAT, we are so thankful and so humbled.

Day 1--lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment