Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4: Proverbs 4 Our Life in Photos

Today's blog is short, because today was a long day.  We received our temporary religious visas!!  Today we went to the American Embassy in Costa Rica (with the kids), then continued on to Immigration for the second day in a row.  But God is faithful and we now do not have to leave the country since our paperwork is in process! Praise the Lord!!

"Listen my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding."
                                                                                             Proverbs 4:1

In this whole process, He definitely showed us His instruction--and luckily we were paying attention!!

Emme and Leyton praying before dinner.

"3 When I was a boy in my father's house, still tender, and an only child of my mother, 4 he taught me and said, "Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live. 5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. 6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. 7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. 8 Esteem her, and she will exalt you; 9 She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor."
                                   Proverbs 4: 3-9

"20 My son pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. 21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to a man's whole body. 23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."
                                  Proverbs 4: 20-23

I really don't think I have to explain what was taught to me today, but my kids need to hear this--not only when I tell them what to do--but when their Heavenly Father tells them what to do as well.

Day 4-lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment