Sunday, March 15, 2015

Holidays in the States Part 3: Kentucky

After Indiana, we traveled down to Kentucky to spend time with friends and our church.  It was a really jam packed time, and we tried to see everyone, but it NEVER is enough time and always so hard to leave--again.


We had a schedule change that threw a wrench in our plans, but it was all in God's timing.  I had surgery on my vericose veins by a doctor that comes down on mission trips to Costa Rica.  He planned everything and so I went ahead and had the surgery.  I had the main vein on both legs from my hip to ankle collapsed and from my knee to ankle had the veins stripped.  It was a very intense surgery, but God was good and took care of everything.  It was about 8 weeks to fully recover, but I flew twice in the first weeks after surgery.  Not recommended, but I had to, and God protected me.  I am so thankful to the hospital and the staff at The Medical Center in Bowling Green.  Highly recommend that hospital!

I had time to rest, but it sure was hard to rest and try to visit and see everyone while there.  Thankfully, walking and moving was good for the recovery.  But if I stopped, I had to keep my legs up.  So thankful to everyone's patience with me after the surgery--I wasn't much fun!

But while we were in Kentucky, we got to love on some people and likewise, they loved on us!

Farren and Leyton playing--best buds!

Emme didn't make it to 2015, but we tried to make it look like she was a party animal!

Keeping with tradition, meat dinner with the Whiz family!

The Whiz kids and Crawford kids reunited--well most of them.  They were all over the place!

Samuel getting some lovin from "Beuce"


This is what our normal after church looks like, the kids running and playing--we still blame Larry Moore for the bad influence!

These would be the partners in crime....Emme, Charis, Bryce, Leyton and Caleb



We had a small surprise birthday get together for Emme for her birthday with friends from KY.  Unfortunately there weren't a lot who could come, but the ones who did, we had a GREAT time!


All the kids with Emme: Ben, Luciano, Caleb, Charis, Angelly, Anna, Leyton, Becca and Emme



Becca and Emme reunited!!!

God's Treehouse kids: Ben, Becca and Emme!

Caleb being crazy!!!
Got spend a little bit of time at KSD with some of my friends and former coworkers, unfortunately since I was still sore from the surgery, I didn't stay long and didn't get to see the kids this time! :(


Old office partners and former "boss" (haha) Derek.

My former partner in crime!

Love this chic!!

I also got to spend time with the Teachers Who Pray group.  Current and retired teacher from KSD.  These ladies have been such a blessing to me--LOVE THEM ALL!!


Emme and Leyton got to open their gifts from Auntie Tina--She always thinks of cool stuff!


Still cold!

Another tradition kept, keeping the kid tag from Children's church....the funny part is I told myself I wouldn't do it, and I did it!

Got to celebrate Farren's birthday with all the Southside youth crew.


Farren and Bruce

The whole crew

Photo time!!


With the Waddell kids!


We also got to go to Lexington for some adult time.  Bruce and I did some shopping, sightseeing, and hanging out with friends!

While in Lexington my friend from Florida "just happened" to be in KY the same time as we were.  God's timing is always awesome! So great to catch up with Robyn!

So glad to hang out!


Got to see the famous castle in Lexington!
We found some bubble tea while in Lexington too--it is all the Korean's fault that we are hooked!


So tired.....this is pretty much every time we travel.....



At the airport early to head to Atlanta!
It was cooollllddd in Kentucky the morning we left!


The time was super short, but we loved every second of it! Never is enough time.....

But after Kentucky we flew to Atlanta to hang out with friends, do some sightseeing, and visit with a church and organization.

Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment